Monday, July 5, 2010

Food for Thought - Project Management

A teacher once told me something about costume design that I think really is an almost universal truth. In any project we aspire to save as much time and money as possible while still putting out a decent product. However, this is not completely possible.





This diagram illustrates my teacher's point: you can only ever really have two of these. A well-made product is almost never both cost and time-efficient. In order to save money, one must usually use up time - perhaps waiting for a sale or driving to a cheaper store. In any case, this applies to this project as well, and since I am never willing to give up the well-made circle, I will always have to spend extra time or extra money to create a product.



Think about it.
Nostalgically Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?