Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oprah/Sound of Music Follow-Up

As I mentioned in a post from last week, Christopher Plummer, Julie Andrews, and all seven of the Von Trapp children appeared on Oprah last Friday. I didn't get to watch it when it aired, but here is the episode in its entirety from Youtube! Let's hope it doesn't get taken down any time soon...

Part I


Part II


Part III


I know it sounds cliché, but I laughed and I cried. This was a truly touching tribute to the film we all know and love. The special features a one-on-one interview with Julie Andrews, as well as interviews with the rest of the cast, exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, and a special guest appearance by Rosie O'Donnell.
I'd also like to correct my statement from last week. The special performance featured in the show was not by the actors, but by the actual Von Trapp Family Singers - the great-grandchildren of the real Maria (who herself makes a few posthumous appearances on the program).
The actor/children have also revealed they are co-authoring a behind-the-scenes look at the production of the film from their point of view, and will feature exclusive, personal memorabilia from their private collections. The book is expected to be out next year and make no mistake I'll be getting it (...as soon as it comes out in soft-cover).
This show also marks the first-time release of The Sound of Music on Blu-Ray disc. The film has been digitally remastered in honor of the 45th anniversary of its release.


Still clutching his box of tissues,
Nostalgically Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?