Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mohair Dream for 1927

Just a little doodle I came up with in one of my random surges of creativity. It has weird shadows on the bottom because my scanner is acting up, so I had to hold up the paper in front of me and upload a photo from my iPhone directly to Facebook because I inexplicably can't save pictures on my phone anymore... Isn't technology just a dream? Here it is:



Anyway, as is my custom, I enjoy designing for different time periods. This is a mohair and fox fur coat designed for about 1927. If I were to make it today I would use faux fur, don't fret! It might seem a tad short but I presume the lady would have worn her dress just an inch or so longer than the coat. The hat is of wool felt dyed to match the mohair with a suede hat band to match the gloves and shoes. Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Your lines are wonderful, so evocative of the era! And love the single large button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, I like it, now what about the kittens?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?