Friday, September 10, 2010

Project Runway Sep. 9 - Review

This review contains spoilers. In fact there will be a spoiler in the first line of it, so if you still haven't seen the episode, keep your wandering eyes up here and click this link to watch the episode

Before I start let me get this off my chest:

CASANOVAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Thank you. As you well know, my poor dear Casanova was eliminated this week... I would have very much preferred to Ivy go, as much as it would have distressed Michael Drummond...

This week's challenge was to create a resortwear look that reflected the designer's individual style. Additionally, the designers were divided into pairs and were asked to sew the sample garment for their teammate. Yikes! This was going to get ugly and it did, but not where you would think. I was really surprised by the civility that surfaced between Mondo and Mike Costello. I don't know if I could have dealt with him so well... The real drama came from Ivy! I guess the inability to work on her own design really brought out the worst in her. She had absolutely no faith in Michael's abilities, so she dumbed down her design beyond any sort of taste.

I really enjoyed seeing April and Christopher working together. I'm also liking Gretchen less and less each week. As much as I hate to say it, she, Mondo, and either Andy or Valerie are my picks for top three at this point.

My favorite look by far was Andy's. Fabulous. I was surprised that Valerie's look didn't make the bottom three. I mean, Mondo's may have been Junior-ish, but it didn't have holes in it!

Anyway, here's my design for the challenge:

Daywear ensemble: white cotton Capri pants with ties at knee, jersey gathered top and long jersey sweater (for those air-conditioned stores!).

Hope you're enjoying this season as much as I am!

Nostalgically Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?