Friday, September 23, 2011

Hark, A Vagrant!

I've got an upcoming addition to my blog, Witty Wednesdays- a weekly comic. Today, I'd like to talk about one of the many people who inspired me to finally go through with my idea.


Kate Beaton is a Canadian cartoonist who publishes a weekly webcomic called "Hark! A Vagrant".


Beaton majored in history and that has clearly been highly influential in her cartoon ventures.


Starting off on her Livejournal in 2007, Beaton now has her own website, has won several awards, and is currently in the middle of publishing her second book, "Hark! A Vagrant".


Both she and her comics have been featured in such publications as Wired, MacLeans, and The New Yorker.


Her almost-too-smart-for-the-internet sense of humor might actually cause you to look some stuff up, which I think is laudable for anything published free on the web.


Basically, her comics are fantastic and I've very rarely laughed so hard on the internet. Check out her site and her books!

Hark! A VagrantNever Learn Anything From History,a Collection of Comics



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?