Saturday, December 25, 2010

On the First Day of Christmas...

Since I've been so pitiful about posting in the past few weeks, and because I know I'll be posting very little in the weeks following New Years since I'll be moving and hunting for my first apartment, I've decided to post on each of the Twelve Days of Christmas. For each of the days (traditionally from December 25-December 5), I will post a new version of this well-known song:





I know, you're probably thinking, "Oh, gosh! This should be terribly, terribly boring..." Well, I promise you it won't be. I won't simply be posting the same song covered by 12 different bands. In fact, the original song in it's totality only appears thrice, and these are already quite different. The rest are spin-offs, local variations, or something else entirely.



In addition to this, I'll be posting "gifts" I deem appropriate to fit with each of the numbered days. Today's gift is the Victorian episode of "Super Sizers", whom I reviewed in a previous article. I chose them despite having covered them so recently because this episode features a traditional Victorian Christmas feast, which I deemed quite appropriate considering the date. Enjoy this over some eggnog, but be ready for some pretty grizzly sights!


Part 1


Part 2


Part 3


Part 4


Part 5


Part 6



Merry Christmas,
Nostalgically Yours

2 comments:

What do you think?