Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Television Tuesdays - The Supersizers Eat the Twenties

I've actually blogged about this show before, but I've recently discovered some new episodes. I don't know if they're entirely new or just new to YouTube, but I had not seen these until now. In this episode, the Supersizers eat their way through the Roaring Twenties!





For those of you who don't know (or haven't yet watched the above video), Giles Coren (food critic) and Sue Perkins (entertainer) take on the challenge of eating the foods and (somewhat) living their lives as if they lived in different periods of history: Edwardian, Georgian, Restoration, etc. While the show takes a very loose approach to everything but the food, it's really fun to watch, and you always end up learning something. Click these links to watch parts 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Coren and Perkins in full 20s Regalia.
I must admit I have rather a large crush on Coren. Especially when he wears a jerkin. I hope any Americans out there had a lovely holiday weekend. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?