Monday, February 28, 2011

Music Mondays - Barbra Streisand "Sleepin' Bee"

Just a quick little post for this week's Music Monday. This is a little gem of a song I discovered while on one of my famous Wikipedia binges. More and more often I find myself on vicious cycles of clicking article after related article just to satiate my undying curiosity. On this occasion I happened to be reading about Barbra Streisand's career and I read that her first television appearance was on "The Tonight Show" in 1961, and she sang this beautiful song:




Anyway, I've fallen in love with Ms. Streisand over and over as I discover new and different parts of her career. She is probably the epitome of the musical diva we know today. Just for fun let's watch some other songs from some of her many television appearances and specials:











The last one is my favorite because of the fashion tie-in. Those hats she tries on drive me up the wall with envy... (Especially the one at 4:56). Anyway that's that for this week's Music Monday.


Hope your week starts out well,

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?